We've got your care home abuse claim covered
Care Home Abuse
Care homes are usually a source of comfort, knowing that you or your loved one will be well cared for in a time where they may not be able to care for themselves any longer. There will be around the clock care and a team of carers on hand to assist with any situation that may arise.
However it may be the case that in some situations positions of authority can be violated and there may be cases of abuse towards the residents of care homes. This can turn what should be a peaceful time into that of a traumatic nature and can take many forms. In some cases also, it is very hard to detect as a visiting relative of the care home but can take form in physical and mental abuse.
You may be able to claim if:
- Physical harm has occurred – such as hitting or inappropriate violence
- Sexual abuse
- Tormenting residents mentally – ridiculing and patronising
- Wrongful doses of medication on purpose
- Purposeful exclusion of resident, from visits and activities
- No action taken towards other residents acting in an inappropriate manner
It may be possible to claim for a variety of issues arising from care home environments. If yourself or a loved one feels that they have suffered as a result of any of the above in a care home, our team of medical negligence solicitors at Patient Claim Line will be on hand to listen to you and take relevant action on your behalf.