Fletchers Solicitors Limited Complaints Handling Procedure
Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. We may ask you to put details of your complaint in writing to enable us to fully understand your concerns, allow us to thoroughly investigate and respond. If we do so, we will send you a letter acknowledging your oral complaint within 5 days of us receiving the call, enclosing a copy of this procedure and requesting clarification in writing.
What will happen next?
Upon receipt of your complaint, in writing if requested:
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within five days of us receiving the complaint, enclosing a further copy of this procedure, if appropriate.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our Compliance Team who will review your matter and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
3. It may be appropriate for the team dealing with your case to provide a reply to your complaint, with the knowledge and assistance of the Compliance Team. Alternatively, it may be more appropriate for a member of the Compliance Team to respond.
In either case the reply may be either a call to try to resolve your complaint or, alternatively, a written reply to your complaint including suggestions for resolving the matter and hopefully resolve your complaint. Your substantive response will be completed within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter referred to in paragraph 1 above.
4. Following any discussion held to try and resolve your complaint, your complaint handler will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions they have agreed with you within 5 days of such discussion or meeting.
5. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact our Compliance Team again and we will arrange for the decision to be reviewed.
6. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
If you remain unsatisfied with our response in respect of the service that we have supplied, you can contact
the Legal Ombudsman at the address below.
Normally you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final
written response from us about your complaint and within six years of the act or omission about which you
are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within three years of when you should have
reasonably been aware of it).
PO Box 6806,
Website : www.legalombudsman.org.uk
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00
Solicitors Regulation Authority
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.
Visit their website https://www.sra.org.uk to see how you can raise your concerns with them