We've got your delayed diagnosis claim covered
If you, or a loved one, have been affected by a delayed diagnosis, our team of specialist medical negligence solicitors can help you claim the compensation that you deserve. Our dedicated team of legal experts have over thirty years of experience, which means you can put your trust in us to take care your claim.
As the UK’s top-rated medical negligence law firm, we can help you understand:
- What it means to suffer a delayed diagnosis and how this can impact you
- Whether or not you potentially have a delayed or misdiagnosis compensation claim
- How running a claim works, and how we go about proving your claim
- The amount of compensation you may recover, and how is it calculated
- And why you can join thousands of others in trusting your claim with us
What is delayed diagnosis?
Many medical negligence cases we accept and take through to settlement involve a delayed diagnosis. A delayed diagnosis or misdiagnosis are probably the most common forms of medical negligence a patient can suffer.
This means being the victim of:
- The unnecessary delay in diagnosing an injury or disease
- A late diagnosis that then leads to lost treatment options, a need for surgery that could have been avoided, a worse outcome, or even a reduction in life expectancy
- The incorrect diagnosis and unnecessary treatment of an illness or injury that you never had
Delayed diagnosis claims can also include:
- A hospital misinterpreting your symptoms and failing to diagnosis an injury or illness, or diagnosing you with an injury or illness that you do not have
- The incorrect reporting of test results, or failing to advise you of important test results
- Your GP failing to diagnose an illness or injury in good time, or failing to refer you for specialist review
- Failure in prescribing the correct medication
- Being “lost to follow up”, where you are not advised of appointments you needed to attend, or sent for tests you need to diagnose you
From our extensive experience, such delays in diagnosis can have serious consequences, which not only impact your own health and wellbeing, but also encroach the mental health of your your wider family and support network.
Claiming for delayed diagnosis with Patient Claim Line
If you are looking to make a claim for delayed diagnosis, we fully appreciate that your health may already be negatively impacted by the experience, and you are looking for answers quickly.
It is important to understand that the majority of medical professionals do provide the very best care. But unfortunately, this does not always happen and there can be negligent errors, leading to a breach of duty of care. Medical professionals, including GPs, can sometimes miss the signs of a serious medical condition or injury, or mistakenly diagnose you with an injury or illness that you do not have. This can lead to a worsening of your condition, or even to you be treated unnecessarily for an injury or illness that you do not have.
Whether the delayed diagnosis results in the withholding of a much-needed prescription, or in missing the signs of a life-altering condition, such as cancer, at Patient Claim Line, you can be assured that we will progress your claim with care and understanding.
Making a delayed medical diagnosis claim could not be easier. Simply fill in our 10 Second Claim Form and we will quickly assess your answers to advise whether or not you have a potential claim.
Remember, our team of specialist lawyers have over thirty years of experience in claims involving late or missed diagnosis. As well as that, we are fully trained to handle your case with the utmost empathy and respect.