We've got your poor treatment or neglect claim covered
It is important to ensure that pregnancy care is always of the highest standard, not only for the baby’s health but also the health of the mother. Pregnancy can be a time fraught with emotion and it is vital that check-ups and scans are carried out regularly to ensure that everything is progressing as it should.
If you feel that you have been treated poorly and either your health or the health of your baby was affected, or scans had not been carried out as they should be, you may be entitled to make a claim.
You may be able to claim for:
- Any diseases or infections caused by negligence
- Delivery errors resulting in injury
- Inadequate scans and examination of the baby
- Problems that could have been identified being missed resulting in avoidable injury
When it comes to pregnancy claims and birth negligence, we understand the emotional distress involved if something did happen to you or your baby. We are caring and compassionate listeners and will strive to get you the compensation you deserve. Our medical negligence team have a wealth of knowledge in this field and have seen and dealt with practically every possible claim type.
Complications caused by negligent caesarean delivery
During a caesarean delivery, there are various examples of poor treatment or neglect where you may be entitled to make a claim.
- A delayed caesarean section or a failure to perform the surgery at all. This delayed action or inaction could result in injury to the mother or the child.
- Any surgical errors that have resulted in preventable injury to the mother or the child.
- A post-surgery infection caused by negligent action on behalf of the medical staff, or a negligent delay in diagnosing and treating the infection.
Delivery errors resulting in injury
Delivery errors resulting in injury can cause pain and suffering for many women.
We trust doctors and medical staff to deliver our babies and do so safely and quickly.
If you believe that you experienced negligence whilst delivering your baby, you may be able to make a medical negligence claim on our pregnancy & birth errors page.
Inadequate scans and examination of the baby
If you believe the scans of your baby were not accurate, or the way in which your baby was examined was negligent, our expert birth injury team will want to talk this through with you. Often, if there is any doubts around the general health of your child, thorough physical examinations are key to diagnosing any potential issues. Furthermore, all parents should be offered examinations within 72 hours of delivering your child.